There are a number of eating disorders which affect people.
- anorexia nervosa
- bulimia nervosa
- binge eating disorder (BED)
- other eating disorders (ENDOS)
- food fadism
- involve abnormal eating habits
- eat too much or too little
- causes mental and physical problems
Nervosa is only added to the term to indicate psychological factors are involved.
1 Million Australians have an eating disorder costing Australia $70 billion a year. 1 male dies to every 3 females. In 2012, 1828 people died from an eating disorder which is higher than the national road toll for the same period.
Anorexia Nervosa affects people who
- have a serious problem with body image
- think they are overweight even though they are often underweight and emaciated.
Bulimia Nervosa is a related disorder to Anorexia Nervosa and sufferers
- eat large meals then compensate with self induce vomiting, laxatives or enemas.
- will alternate with fasting and/or excessive exercise.
View original post 696 more words