Dear fathers, if you have a child suffering with an eating disorder; here’s some advice.
- be patient
- be calm
- realize your child is going to mess up over and over again
- if your child wasn’t a liar before, he/she will become a compulsive liar soon enough with this disease
- your child may become a secret ninja or a wonderful math wiz
- you will always lose at hide and seek
- do not give up on your kid no matter what
- this disease is extremely confusing
- don’t let your child get comfortable with the situation of the disease
- it could be years before your child is better
- think outside the box
One more thing, thank you to all the fathers out there going through this difficult time with your kid, it means a lot to them, to have you by their side.