Thank you to one of my new favorite blogger’s that I am following, R, for this nomination! ❤
– Share this image in your blog post.
– Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for.
– Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for.
– Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part.
5 People I’m Thankful For:
- PC: he has literally put up with my crazy. He has witnessed the anorexia take over me and seen me fight Ed’s voice. He stood by me during some of the hardest and most difficult times of my life–these past few months–while I was bullied and harassed at work. He never once gave me reason to doubt us. I am thankful for his strength when I was beyond weak.
- Grainne: this lady is my long lost twin. She seems to get it and get me. I am thankful that she knows when to check in on me and always has the right words to say.
- My friends’ daughters whom I babysit weekly: these girls have no idea how they have kept me alive … And often. When I have wanted to give up and die they are young fresh and loving. They have always loved me for me and see me for me. They have never seen me as fat or skinny. I am always Cassie to them. I cherish the time we have together and all the things we get to do. They are my own sanity.
- My bffls: sometimes some of the, fail me but some of them are pretty damn solid, I always feel like I am letting them down but they yell at me for listening to Ed’s voice because I am not actually letting them down.
- My therapy team and new doctor: Wow my real honest strength and support through my constant crisis and battle this past few years. They see me and deal with me. They care. My new doctor is absolutely amazing and I’m glad to have her!! I am destroyed that my therapy team is gone however.
- Ya I am breaking the mold because I am also thankful for my supportive blog community: y’all who are reading this!! You read all my insanity, breakdowns, hysterics, panics, Ed’s voices, horrible stories, happy times, sad times, etc. you provide amazing support and celebrate with me. I am ever so grateful for this little community I have. It is exactly what I dreamed of when I set out and created this blog several years ago. Thank you! 💕
5 Things in 2015 That I’m Thankful For:
- My *NEW JOB* because it has been one week and it is already so much healthier I have not once needed my Ativan or sleeping medications. I have eaten meals more as well. No real anxiety and I have pushed forward with my social anxiety challenges.
- Pinterest because it helped me focus my OCD behaviors in constructive ways. I could obsess on there and organize to my heart’s content. I found things that helped me express myself better as well.
- My Las Vegas birthday trip. It was amazing and what I needed with two of my best friends. It reminded me it is ok to take care of myself. It also showed me how my bffls are there for me. It also opened my eyes, painfully, to how no one acknowledged my birthday. Helped me prioritize me.
- This Blog. It kept me going in so many ways. It helped, and helps, me feel validated. In a world where I am always invalidated, I know when I open this app, I matter and my problems and struggles are real.
- EDM. It saved my life years ago. It continues to do so. Whenever I lose it, I turn it up reallllly loud so it vibrates in my body. It usually carries me away. It helps me escape.
My 5 Nominees: